Friday, May 23, 2008

Corporate Zombie! Cute Thing of the Week

Here is the first project I've made from the new book Creepy Cute Crochet by Christian Haden. This little guy is for my boyfriend, he who is both wise and witty. He wanted a little creepy creature to sit on his desk at work. This was also my first attempt at making hair. I followed the instructions in the book, but it came out a little thin on one side. Oops! We're just going to tell people he lost some hair while fighting the other zombies.

I want to make a couple more critters from the book before I write up a full review of it. I will say I was surprised by how small the projects are. The zombie stands 4 inches tall and is only about 2 inches wide. A few of the other critters may be taller, but not by much. It makes them the perfect project for when you want to make something you can finish in one or two hours.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love the idea of these guys. I didn't even know this book existed. It has now made it pretty high up on the wishlist. Thanks for showing off your creation, he's both creepy and cute. :)

Celeste said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know I featured this in my weekly column on Fandomania:

Fandomestic: Zombies!