Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rolling Ripples Afghan

Another altered project that I made using Leisure Arts's Our Best Baby Afghans. I liked the style of the waves in this one, but didn't feel like making a baby blanket. Instead I bumped up to a size N hook (10 mm) and used about 5 skeins of James C. Brett Marble Chunky #27. (Didn't these shades used to have names? I couldn't find any websites listing them by name.).

Happily, my finished product turned out only about a foot shy of covering our queen size bed. Despite being an acrylic I find the James C. Brett yarns are quite warm so this new afghan is perfect for adding to the bed on a chilly night.



Above: A close-up shot of the stitching so that you can see the pattern. Below: An accurate picture of what the colours look like in real life.




This was a fun pattern to stitch. Very simple once you get the hang of how many stitches go between the increases and decreases of the wave. The rows are an alteration of half-double crochet stitches and triple crochet stitches.

4 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

Very pretty Amber. I love it!!

Valma said...

Wooho !
This is a very great job, I love
The autumn colours are superb
bravo =)
xxx

Kaasmuis said...

This looks really nice! I like the waves and the colours.

Unknown said...

I really love this pattern - how many balls of yarn did it take please?