Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It's Pickwick! Plock Plock!

I'm a huge fan of Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next novels and Pickwick has always been one of my favourite characters. Since science hasn't advanced far enough for me to have my own genetically engineered dodo, I'll just have to settle for this amigurumi version for now. Huge thanks to Melissa1 for her beautiful, free Mauritius Dodo pattern.

I figure since Pickwick is a marvel of science I can be a little creative with her colouring. The yarns used are all Bernat Softee Chunky, with the main body crocheted in Baby Blue and the tail feathers and eye area stitched in Lavender.





Stitched with a size G (4.00mm) hook, my Pickwick stands just under 5.5 inches tall. According to the books, I believe Pickwick doesn't have wings, but she just looked so strange without them, I couldn't leave them out!

3 comments:

Valma said...

Ho my !
I love Pickwick =D
Lovely...the colours are just perfect
You did a great job
bravo
hugs from France
xxxx

mdgtjulie said...

Awww, how darling. I love it!!! Grats on the little finish, and I love the colors you used.

amber said...

Thanks everyone! I figure if I'm going to have a dodo why not make it a colourful one!