Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Octavio Ocampo Cross Stitches Finally Framed!

Regular readers of Cthulhu Crochet and Cousins probably remember seeing Octavio Ocampo's Mouth of the Flower (left) and Family of Birds (right) before. (Click on the picture for a larger view.)

Ever since I finished stitching them I've been saving birthday and Christmas money towards getting them stretched and framed.

This weekend, I finally picked up the second one from the framers and I now have both hung up on the wall of our bedroom. Yay!

It's costly, but always so beautiful when a large piece like this is professionally stretched and framed. Smaller pieces I usually frame myself, but I'm afraid to try stretching something this large. Plus, have you ever noticed that cross stitch pictures are never made to fit standard size frames?

The matte board on both is a dark green and the frame is a dark brown woodgrain.

2 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

They both look lovely Amber. Great job!! (I get all of mine professionally framed. I don't really do small pieces, and I put a lot of work in them. I don't want to ruin something, or make it look bad.) Kudos to you on the finishes!!

Natália said...

Hi, you made a really great job! I loved it so so much!
Can I use this image for a campaign about violence against women?
Thanks!