Friday, December 26, 2008

Is This What They Mean by White Christmas?

It's been snowing here on and off for about two weeks now, which is unusual for this part of British Columbia. Today I braved to the cold to take these pictures of our backyard. We're hovering somewhere between 2-3 feet of snow right now and as I write this it's still coming down outside. The weather channel promises me that tonight is the night it will all turn to rain and (finally!) start to disappear. We shall see. I love the look of snow hanging from trees. I just wish it could find a way to fall just on the trees and avoid the roadways. It's pretty to look at, but has led to lots of cancelled plans this holiday season since many people are too snowed in to drive anywhere. It's also given me plenty of time for crocheting and I'll try to get some posts up over the next couple of days to show you all what I've been working on.

For now, I hope that you're all having a great holiday season and that your own homemade gifts were a hit with loved ones. Happy holidays. Enjoy these snowy pictures and if you're feeling the need to get your own frustrations about the weather out, do what I do and go hit a penguin with a yeti!

1 comment:

jessi said...

All that snow looks beautiful! Down here in Georgia, we're wearing t-shirts. :) Happy holidays!