Friday, June 25, 2010

Are You Looking for This?

I'm guessing there's more than one person that has found themselves at Cthulhu Crochet and Cousins looking for this pattern. Craftzine recently showed a picture of this adorable guy along with a link to my blog, but this is not a pattern of mine. Giulia is the designer of this pattern. She created it by modifying my Tiny Cthulhu patttern to give it legs and you can find her free Baby Cthulhu on her blog Amigurumi-Love.

Giulia has made a wonderful design here and she deserves credit for her work. I'll definitely be making one of these someday to add to my cthulhu family. And to everyone who arrived at Cthulhu Crochet and Cousins by mistake, I hope you stay awhile and take a look around. Check out the My Free Patterns list in the left sidebar and maybe you'll spot something else you like too.

7 comments:

Catriona Palin said...

That is SO cute!
I can't go to her blog tho as it's coming up as harmful & hosting malware. :S
It might be worth letting her know.....

TilliEllie said...

Aww.. I like his little legs. They're adorable!
Thanks for posting the link!

xoxo
TilliEllie

Shary Lopez said...

Awww, yay! So cute!!!

Giulia said...

Thanks for writing this post, you've been so kind.
You had the great idea to make a cuddly Cthulhu, I only rearranged it a little bit ;-)

Bye!

Catelin said...

Do you think a beginner could do this and the other cthulhu you have up? Cause I've never crocheted in my life but I wanna try and make one of these and the other for a close freind who loves cthulhus.

amber said...

Hi Catelin, I think these patterns would be fairly easy for a beginner. You might want to check out this amigurumi tutorial from youtube to get the general idea of how shapes, like the head are made. You may also want to search online or pick up a book that will explain what all the pattern terminology means and how various stitches like the chain and single crochet are made. My favourite crochet book is Debbie Stoller's The Happy Hooker.

The nice thing about crochet is that it's relatively inexpensive to start out. All you'll need is the hook, a skein of yarn and a paper clip to use as a stitch marker. Later you'll need to buy some stuffing for the cthulhus and something to use for eyes; buttons, safety eyes, googly eyes, etc.

Good luck and feel free to write again if you have any questions.

*carly said...

Hi,
This Cthulu is great! I was really impressed and made one right away. A keen friend of mine then mentioned his likeness to Dr. Zoidberg and so I had to try that. Here's my finished piece:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6LZxQLSWAsXakR6am55ZjhTeUU/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the inspiration!
-Carly