Thursday, June 19, 2008

Super Mario 3 Super Cross Stitch

I love the trend that's going on right now of taking old '80s and '90s video games and turning them into wall hangings, bathroom towels and other cross stitch wonders. I'm also in awe of any elaborate cross stitch that I see someone has completed, even when the subject matter isn't to my taste. I've done the big pictures myself and I know how long it can take to finish the major projects. Finally, I think I pretty much love anything that's Super Mario 3 related, so I have to give special recognition to this X-Stitched Mario 3 Map that was stitched by Craftster user Cross stitch ninja. At first I thought this was stitched on a cream coloured fabric, but if you look at the close-up photos in the original Craftster post you can see that every space of this is cross-stitched. That's an amazing amount of work and I am definately in awe.

No comments: